Welcome to The Little Kraft Shed!
Tree Quilt Block (shown advertised on a Christmas colourway)
(2 Day Workshop)
A lovely effective quilt block suitable for people confident with a sewing machine but new to patchwork & quilting. This block design takes all the worrying about measurements away as it is based on random cutting , therefore giving all the trees an individual shape.
You will cut & assemble your blocks and start to form the quilt top
This consists of 30 blocks (don’t be daunted by the number as they assemble quickly and easily once cut)
We will layer up the quilt top with wadding (batting) and your backing fabric and start to quilt . You will also be taught how to bind your quilt before leaving or whilst there if finished
You will need to supply:
- 15 x light coloured 10” squares
- 15 x dark coloured 10” squares
- 1.25m of backing fabric (the reverse of your quilt)
- 1/2m of coordinating fabric for the binding
- Contrasting thread
The Little Kraft Shed will supply:
- Sewing machine
- Sewing box
- Lunch on both days and refreshments throughout
- The wadding for your quilt
- A purchased pattern for you to take home and keep
- Tuition throughout
Download the Workshop details here.